ricardo hohl
ricardo hohl, Instructor
Experience:  ase master certified ,and factory certified,also autmotive instructor for 28 years

jeep cherokee: No power, battery good, fuses good.

Customer Question

Have jeep cherokee 2000. No power, battery good, fuses good. When u turn the key there is one short beep. Then it acts like there is no power. I can get that short beep when I turn the key either way and then it's dead. When this happened before a friend told me to turn the so you could change the gears. Then put in back in park really hard. I did that and it worked. This time I did that same thing and it did work. Any suggestions?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  ricardo hohl replied 4 years ago.

ricardo hohl :

Hi, let me ask you some basic questions first just to get the idea on whats happining with your vehicle, is the battery fulley charge, are the battery terminals clean and tight, have you try crancking with the shifter in neutral position, and last can you try crancking the engine with the head lights on see if the lights dim as you turn the key to cranck position?

JACUSTOMER-i7f5enj0- : Battery has full charge, volt meter says 13.9. Terminals are clean and tight. Have tried in park and neutral. No head lights.
ricardo hohl :

do you mean head lights dont work at all?

JACUSTOMER-i7f5enj0- : Yes no head lights at all.
ricardo hohl :

sorry for the delay will you lke to continue know or in the morning?

JACUSTOMER-i7f5enj0- :

Yes, I need know more! Where do I go from here?