b5demon
b5demon, Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chryler/Jeep master technician for 17 years
13235514

2006 Jeep commander: 3.7 4x4i got a code P0700.Can

Customer Question

Hello!!
I have a 2006 Jeep Commander 3.7 4x4
I got a code P0700.
Can you please help on this code
Category: Jeep
Expert:  b5demon replied 2 years ago.

b5demon :

Hi Welcome to Just Answer!

Customer :

hello

b5demon :

P0700 is a general trans fault this code is used by the trans controller to tell the engine cotroller to turn on the check engine light you will need to get a scan tool to read the transmission codes to see what the problem is

Customer :

i just scan and i get p0700

Customer :

looks like tcm problem??

b5demon :

what kind of scan tool do you have not all can read trans codes

Customer :

i have snap on solus ulthra

Customer :

they dont show codes for transmission

b5demon :

ok that should be able to read the codes

Customer :

i only have this code p0700

b5demon :

if you erase it does it come right back?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

and transmission has no pwer

Customer :

power

b5demon :

ok it sounds like you may have a tcm issue then but you may want to try another scan tool first just to make sure nothing weird is going on

Customer :

the transmission Tcm is integrate on PCM??

b5demon :

yes

Customer :

if i change the computer i need to reprogramming?

Customer :

at the dealer??

b5demon :

yes it will need to be programmed and also programmed to the sentury key system if it has it

Customer :

this car has anymore computer for transmission or just the pcm??

b5demon :

no just the pcm

Customer :

ok

Expert:  b5demon replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just send my car to the dealer and they say I have bad transmission!!
Expert:  b5demon replied 2 years ago.
ok did they say what is wrong with it?