Dave
Dave, Jeep Master Tech
Experience:  Chrysler Triple Master, ASE master Tech AA degree in Auto.
11019023

JEEP: THE BEARING IN FAN/P.S. BRACKET PART # XXXXX ON A

Customer Question

THE BEARING IN FAN/P.S. BRACKET PART # XXXXX ON A 4L STRAIGHT 6 ON A RH DRIVE 95 JEEP CHEROKEE HAS WORN OUT. THE PART IS NO LONGER AVAILIBLE FROM JEEP. ALL I HAVE CONTACTED ARE AFRAID TO REMOVE THE BEARING FROM THE CAST ALUMINUM BRACKET. MAYBE SOMEONE CAN TELL ME THE REPLACEMENT BEARING # XXXXX OR HOW TO CAREFULLY REMOVE THE OLD BEARING AND REPLACE IT. (VIN # XXXXX). I AM TOLD THE SAME BRACKET FITS 93-95's.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I HAVE NOT SOLVED THE PROBLEM! PLEASE E-MAIL AGAIN IF THE BELOW IS NOT ENOUGH INFO. THE ENGINE COOLING FAN GOES ON THE END OF THE SHAFT. I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND EVEN A USED BRACKET. ONE COMING FROM A 93-95 MIGHT NOT HAVE A LOT OF LIFE LEFT, BUT WITH A LIKE ONE I COULD CHANCE TRYING TO REMOVE THE CURRENT BEARING AND FIND A LIKE BEARING TO REPLACE. ALL SEEM TO BE LEARY OF PUTING DRY ICE ON THE CURRENT ONE TO DRIVE THE BEARING OUT.

THE BEARING IN FAN/P.S. BRACKET PART # 53010232 ON A 4L STRAIGHT 6 ON A RH DRIVE 95 JEEP CHEROKEE HAS WORN OUT. THE PART IS NO LONGER AVAILIBLE FROM JEEP. ALL I HAVE CONTACTED ARE AFRAID TO REMOVE THE BEARING FROM THE CAST ALUMINUM BRACKET. MAYBE SOMEONE CAN TELL ME THE REPLACEMENT BEARING # AND OR HOW TO CAREFULLY REMOVE THE OLD BEARING AND REPLACE IT. (VIN # SXSL648826). I AM TOLD THE SAME BRACKET FITS 93-95's.

Expert:  Walt-mod replied 2 years ago.

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  Dave replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for choosing Justanswer, I look forward to helping you resolve your issue. I believe the radiator fan hooks up to the shaft coming from the water pump on the 4.0L engine and if that bearing is worn out then the water pump needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

DAVE, I THINK YOU NEED TO LOOK AGAIN AT THE PICTURE/DIAGRAM OF SAID RH DRIVE 1995 JEEP CHEROKEE WITH (4.0L) STRAIGHT SIX

VIN# 1J4FN28SXSL648826 AT THE ENGINE (FAN/POWER STERRING BRACKET)

PART # 53010232. THE # ON THE ALUM CAST BRACKET IS 53010235. THE WATER PUMP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS BRACKET. THE BRACKET HAS A SHAFT ON IT FOR ATTACHING THE ENGINE FAN TO. THE SHAFT IS MOUNTED WITH A BEARING THAT IS WORN OUT. ALSO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ELECTRIC FAN, JUST BEHIND THE RADITOR.

JEEP HAS TOLD ME THEY QUIT/DISCONTINUED MAKING THE PART IN 2010.

Expert:  Dave replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I am going to opt out since I do not have any experience with the right hand drive vehicles. In the U.S. all 4.0L engines the fan bolts to the water pump. Sorry I can't be of any more use to you.

Dave

Expert:  Walt-mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

SIRS; I HAVE PROVIDED ALL THE INFO THAT I OR TWO LOCAL EXPERT MECHANICS ARE AWARE OF TO INCLUDE THE PART #. MAYBE SOME ONE CAN PROVIDE MYSELF WITH THE LOCATION OF A WRECKED RH DRIVE 95

CHEROKEE. I HAVE CALLED MANY JUNK YARDS AND TWO PLACES PLACED THE ITEM OR THE NETWORK THAT JUNK YARDS USE. IF I CAN LOCATE ANOTHER BRACKET I HAVE A MACHINE SHOP THAT WILL GAMBLE ON REMOVING THE SHAFT AND BEARING FROM IT, AND THEN LOCATE THE BEARING AND REPLACE. BOTH MACHINE SHOPS I AM IN CONTACT WITH ARE

VERY LEARY OF REMOVING THE SHAFT AND BEARING WITH OUT DAMAGING OR BREAKING THE BRACKET WHICH IS MADE FROM CAST ALUM. I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO PACK IN DRY ICE TO REDUCE ITS SIZE. ?? DOES ALUM CAST

CONTRACT/SHRINK AS MUCH AS A BEARING??

Expert:  Walt-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MR Moderator, I REQUEST YOU LEAVE THIS QUESTION OPEN UNTILL THE 11 OR 12th OF APRIL 2012, IF NO ANSWER BY THEN, REMOVE MY REQUEST/QUESTION. IN THE MEAN TIME I WILL BE TRYING TO FIND A RH 93-95 JEEP CHEROKEE THAT HAS BEEN WRECKED. I WOULD HOPE YOU HAVE NOT CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD IN THAT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING CLOSE TO AN ACCEPTABLE ANSWER..... FOR WHAT EVER NAME (EXPERT) I DO HOPE HE FINDS HIMSELF A RH JEEP WITH 4.0L ENGINE AND CAN SEE THAT SOME DO NOT HAVE THE ENGINE FAN MOUNTED TO WATER PUMP...... ALSO FOR HIS INFORMATION ON THE RH JEEPS OF THAT ERA THERE ARE APPROXIMAELY OVER 650 DIFFERENT PARTS TO THAT OF THE LH DRIVE...........(NOT INTERCHANGEABLE).