Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

disarm 93 jeep grand cherokee alarm

disarm 93 jeep grand cherokee alarm

Brad :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you..

Brad :

There are 2 ways to do it... With Remote and with key by unlocking door..

Brad :

If you have a remote simply hit Unlock... If you want to use the key, simply lock and unlock the Drivers door.. If that doesnt do it, try the Passenger door

Customer:

neither door disarms any longer, I need to totaly disarm if possible

Brad :

Ok, I can show you how to permantly disarm but first we need to disarm it... If neither door is working, you need to remove one of the door panels because the switch that disarms it on the backside of the key Cyl is knocked off or is bad

Brad :

When you get the panel off see if its knocked off, and re-install it onto the key cyl.. Its its in it, then remove it and touch the 2 wires together... That should disarm it.....

Brad :

To disarm is for good so you have no security, you will need to start the engine and remove the security module that is behind the glovebox... its a small black box.. Once you unplug it, that will permantly disable it

Customer:

alarm is currently disarmed, when I lock and leave then return I have figured out if entry lights do not come on do not enter so I fight with key in lock until lights come on

Brad :

Ok, when its running....remove the security module that is behind the glovebox... its a small black box.. Once you unplug it, that will permantly disable it

Customer:

can you access through glove box

Brad :

Yes, just open glove box and press the 2 side to drop it down and remove it... Then you will see the box

Customer:

thanks

Brad :

You are welcome.. Have I answered all of your questions?