sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Jeep Liberty: My esp bas light came on as well as the light

My esp bas light came on as well as the light with the car and the squiggly tire lines. What does this mean?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It means that the ABS module has seen a problem somewhere in the system and set a fault code. Whatever the problem is it is affecting the ESP and Brake Assist systems.

The first thing that will need to be done is use a capable scan tool to see what fault codes are stored in the modules on the vehicle. There are quite a few things that will turn these warning lights on and the stored codes will point in the direction to start diagnosis. If you aren't seeing an ABS light also then there is a good chance the problem is a failed steering angle sensor, which is in the steering column under the wheel.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The car also felt like it lost traction at one point, is my car safe to drive until monday when I can take it to the dealership?
Yes, it's safe to drive but you won't have the benefit of the ESP and brake assist functions. If the ABS light isn't on then you should still have normal ABS functions.