Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician
Experience:  Jeep factory training........25 years in the industry.

2002 Jeep Liberty: replace the heater core and I need directions

I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7. I need to replace the heater core and I need directions on installation & shop time to replace.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Jeep my name is Mark.

Book time to replace the heater core is 7.8 hours according to Mitchell's.

CLICK HERE for dashboard removal instructions.

Once you have the dash out of the vehicle.....

1. If the vehicle is not equipped with air conditioning, go to Step 6. If the vehicle is equipped with air conditioning, recover the refrigerant from the refrigerant system.
  2. Disconnect the liquid line refrigerant line fitting from the evaporator inlet tube
  3. Disconnect the accumulator inlet tube refrigerant line fitting from the evaporator outlet tube. Install plugs in, or tape over all of the opened refrigerant line fittings.
  4. Drain the engine cooling system
  5. Disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core tubes. Install plugs in, or tape over the opened heater core tubes.
  6. Unplug the HVAC system vacuum supply line connector from the engine side harness.
  7. Remove the nuts from the HVAC housing mounting studs.
  8. Remove the HVAC housing from inside the vehicle taking care not to allow any remaining coolant to drain on the vehicles interior

I hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need further assistance with this.