sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021
Jeep

Jeep grand cherokee laredo: HOW CAN I PROGRAM MY KEY FOB? I

HOW CAN I PROGRAM MY... Show More
HOW CAN I PROGRAM MY KEY FOB? I BOUGHT A USED 1996 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO BUT IT DIDNT COME WITH THE KEYLESS ENTRY FOB. SO I BOUGHT ONE FROM iKEYLESS REMOTES (MODEL X32A1), BUT IT DID NOT COME WITH DIRECTIONS AND MY DEALER (PARTS CENTER) IS NOT OPEN ON SATURDAYS?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the vehicle was indeed built with keyless entry from the factory, then a DRBIII scan tool can be used to program a new key fob to it. The fob didn't come with instructions because there is no way to program a fob on this vehicle without a scan tool.

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

HOW DO I KNOW IF IT HAS KEYLESS ENTRY? IT SHOWS IT IN THE OWNERS MANUEL (WHICH I KNOW ARE KINDA GERNIC)?

Owner's manuals are generic and go over all features that are possible on a vehicle. To know for sure if it was built with RKE then the option codes would need to be checked. I or your dealer could check this with your VIN.
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
vin # XXXXX :1J44GZ58S1TC320528
Your vehicle was built with keyless entry and factory security, so you'll be able have the new fob programmed to it.