Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, L1, Jeep owner, Shop owner

2004 jeep liberty: replacing..heater core..take apart..dash board

replacing heater core in 2004 jeep liberty. Do I have to take apart the dash board. How do I do the job?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Randall. I will do my best to assist you today.

yes,, the entire dash is removed, then the HVAC case and then heater core from the case. This is a big job and you will have to have means to remove freon as well as deal with the airbags system It is impossible for me to send all the repair information as files too large and too many substeps.If you want to do this job, I would get the online subscription like shops use just for your vehicle you can get full 1 year access for very little $. The site is If you click HERE it is the information for the dash less the sub assemblies etc. I surew ish I could send all info but its big project and cant do this in this type of format