Rmldaytona
Rmldaytona, Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified. 13 years Automotive Experience.
2499916

How much does a new car key cost for a 2002Jeep Cherokee Laredo

Customer Question

Category: Jeep
Expert:  Rmldaytona replied 5 years ago.

rmldaytona :

Hello.

rmldaytona :

Thank you using Just Answer.

rmldaytona :

The key will cost about $100 cut by the dealer to fit your ignition. However, you are looking at about an additional $100 to $120 to program the key into the computer so the antitheft system will accept the key and actually start the vehicle.

rmldaytona :

There are aftermarket keys avaiable for about half the cost. But the chips in the keys are poor quality and have a high failure rate. I would steer you away from those keys.

rmldaytona :

I strive to provide the best answers possible. If you need further help, have any questions, or need
clarification about anything regarding this topic... Please feel free to ask by replying and I will give my best efforts to help you until your full satisfaction is achieved. However, if my answer was helpful and you are satisfied... I ask that you accept my answer so I may be compensated. Experts do not have funds transferred to their account unless the customer accepts. Your satisfaction is my main priority and I strive to provide the best service so please ask if there is anything else I
could help you with.