Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Jeep Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Jeep Diagnostics/Repair

2005 Jeep Liberty: liter..The blower only runs on 4 (high speed)

I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty 3.7 liter,w/air. The blower speed control on dash has 4 speeds marked 1,2,3 and 4. The blower only runs on 4 (high speed). Do i need to replace the whole control panel? Maybe a resistor? Can ya help?

Welcome to! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

When the blower motor only runs on the highest setting, this is the classic, tell-tale sign of a faulty Blower Motor Resistor. Inspect the wire harness and connector for any loose, broken or burnt wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the blower resistor should solve the problem.

• Open the glove box door to gain access to the blower motor resistor.
  • Pull out the lock on the blower motor resistor wire harness connector to unlock the connector latch.
  • Depress the latch on the blower motor resistor wire harness connector and disconnect the wire harness from the resistor.
  • Remove the two screws that secure the blower motor resistor to the HVAC housing and remove the resistor.