Kevin, Owner Kevins Mobile repair Atlanta
Experience:  14 years dealer trained, Master Electrical,AC,Body Mechanical, Drive ablity.

2004 Jeep Liberty: overheating..water pump, radiator cap..flushed

I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty thay is overheating on long trips. I have replaced the radiator fan motor, water pump, radiator cap, thermostat and had it flushed and still no luck. Please help
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to just answers my name is Kevin

either the radiator is clogged up or the motor has a head gasket or warped heads

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The entire system was flushed so not sure how the radiator could be clogged and it has been tested twice for a bad head gasket and twice confirmed no problem. When the problem first surfaced, it would overheat ater 20 to 25 miles. After replacing the fan motor, thermostat, water pump, belts and radiator cap, it worked fine until a long trip. It did not overheat until after 125 miles of continual driving. Wouldn't a clogged radiator or bad head gasket mainfest itself much earlier?

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 years ago.
U can not see inside the radiator so U dolt know for sure if it is or half way cogged just flushing with the stuff u get at the sore will not always work U would need strong acid that u can not get yourself. Long trip could be again the heads warping or a somewhat clogged radiator