Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 2003 jeep with 4.0 code p1391 keeps

Customer Question

2003 jeep with 4.0 code p1391 keeps coming up on the jeep. The code is loss of cam Crank signal.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is Tim, this code is for either loss of crankshaft signal or loss of cam shaft signal, if you have already replaced the crank sensor, then its most likely a bad camshaft sensor, have you checked the cam signal yet?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Both sensors have been replaced
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.

have you put it on a scanner and watched the cam sensor signal and seen if it drops out at any point?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I pulled the crank senor back out and the paper is still on the sensor. It said do not remover that the moving part of the plate will shear it off. I don't think the sensor is far enough down in the hole I will try that and see what happens
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
IF IT STILL DOESNT COME OFF, WHEN YOU START IT, THEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE TONE RING, AND THIS WILL ALSO SET THE CODE,tIM