brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

2007 jeep compass: his interior dome light will not turn off we..pull

Customer Question

my dad has a 2007 jeep compass and his interior dome light will not turn off we had to pull the fuse to turn it off could u tell me at what our issue may be
Category: Jeep
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is Jeff and I am here to try and assist your with your question. The most common thing to cause this problem is a door ajar switch as there is one in each door and the hatch. If one is not closed tight it will cause this problem. Also the switch itself can cause the problem if not working correctly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok im going to go check that ill be right back if i need futher info
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok that didnt fix the issue
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
If all the doors are closed properly you will need to start disconnecting the wires to the door switches one at a time to check the switches. The switch is part of the latch assembly and need to remove the door panel to access them. Also make sure the dimmer switch is not turned up all the way as it will cause the interior lights to also be on
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok will try thanx
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
yep