Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Jeep Commander My 2006 Jeep commander ESP BAS dash warning

Customer Question

My 2006 Jeep commander ESP BAS dash warning lights keep coming on-when this happens the cruise control won't work-I had it to the dealer and Chrysler diagnosed it as a Map sensor-had that replaced but the lights keep coming on-also when the lights are on the car trans feels like there's slippage.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you know what fault codes are setting?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No-The dealer knows that-all i know is last time i had it in for this they called Chrysler-that answer was-the ESP/BAS and the traction dash light code weren't communicating w each other and a new Map sensor would solve the problem-My feeling is-they were tired of dealing with me so they did this to shut me up until my warranty ran out-whic it now has done-so I'm stuck!

Do you not have a receipt from when it was worked on? The codes should have been printed on the receipt.

Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

Do you have a large parts store like an Autozone? Most parts stores will read fault codes for free.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK-I looked at the receipt-it doesn't say what the codes were reading-it just has my complaints on it and how they "Solved the problem" and no we don't have a code reader and we DO have an autozone-I'll have to take it there to see if THEY can help me

Great! If you can have the codes read and come back and post them here I'll be able to tell you more about what is going on with it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK-that will take a few days-we just got back from Vacay and I have to catch up-thanks!

Not a problem. When you find out what codes are stored just come back and reply to this same question with your findings and we'll pick it up from there!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had to wait for the warning lights to come on again-that happened this morning-I drove right to Autozone-they scanned it-got the code-told me what the problem was-sold me the part and my husband put it on-so now here's my question-My $38.00 fee has already been charged to my account-I was under the impression that it wouldn't go through until I was satisfied w the tech's help-how do I get my money back?

Autozone can't tell you what the problem is. All they do is read fault codes.

You haven't allowed me to answer your question, so there is no Accept button for you to release your deposit and pay for the answer.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well the Money has been deducted from my account already-I never saw an "accept" button-the charge just went through.

You never saw an Accept button because you didn't allow me to answer your question. Since you couldn't click the Accept button the deposit you made is still in your account.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So how do I close that account and get a refund?

Click the help link at the bottom of your page.