Chad
Chad, Lead Master Tech
Experience:  Electrical master,Diesel Specialist,Lead Tech/shop foreman
12781541

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4: mileage..the abs and brake light came

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 4.0L engine. Just recently after starting the jeep and driving the mileage display started blinking eratically and the gauges were flicking back and forth also the abs and brake light came on ac blowing eratically. 2-3 blocks down the road everything is fine abs and brake light still on until restart. Vehicle sat over night no issues driving to work. Car sat in the hot parking lot all day problem repeated itself. Let car sit over night and the odometer reset itself to 0. Drove today bak and forth to work no problems.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chad replied 5 years ago.
It is sounding like the circuit board inside the cluster is messed up.
When you say the odometer reset it self to 0, does it come back to the mileage the Jeep has on it?
Or does it reset to 0 every time after sitting in the sun?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it comes back to mileage the jeep has on it and when I go to trip miles it is on 0.
Expert:  Chad replied 5 years ago.
You need to have the cluster and body control module scanned for codes. On of the two is loosing communication and will need to be replaced. I just need to know what codes are stored to be able to do any more diagnostics.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have an appointment set up for Tuesday to have codes pulled. Will let you know what they are. I will accept answer so you dont have to wait till then.
Expert:  Chad replied 5 years ago.
Ok,just reply back to this question when you get the codes. And we will finish fixing your Jeep.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Took jeep in to get codes pulled. The computer vehicle has been started 32 times with out returning any codes. It has not repeated itself except those two times. So it is a mystery for now. Any way thanks for all of your help.