Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician
Experience:  Jeep factory training........25 years in the industry.

Jeep Liberty There is light lit on my 2006 Jeep Liberty dash

There is light lit on my 2006 Jeep Liberty dash that I don't recognize. The air conditioner died in this blistering heat (it smelled awfulL. The battery light goes on intermittently also. I have an appt. at dealer for service, but not until Friday. Now this new light showed up. It looks like a belt on its side or even a plug on its side - upper right side of dash. I am worried to drive if it has anything to do with the oil before I can get it in next Friday a.m.

Welcome to Just Answer Jeep my name is Mark.

Can you identify the light is this pic?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes #16. Please, I hope it is not baddddddd!
Ok thanks. That light is referred to as a "check engine" light. What it means is that the engine computer has detected a fault and has turned the light on to alert you. Typically the reasons for this light to come on are emissions related, and as long as the light isn't flashing, you will be fine to continue driving it until Friday.