Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Jeep Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Jeep Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

How do I reset the service reminder on my 2002 Grand Cherokee limited

how do I reset the service reminder on my 2002 Grand Cherokee limited
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 years ago.

EVIC PROGRAMMING MODE

The Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) provides the vehicle operator with a user interface, which allows the selection of several optional customer programmable electronic features to suit individual preferences. The EVIC must be placed into its programming mode in order to view or change the programmable features. To enter the EVIC programming mode and to view or change the selected programmable features options, proceed as follows:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
  2. Depress and release the Menu push button. The first item in the programmable features menu list will appear in the EVIC display.
  3. Momentarily depress and release the Menu push button to step through the programmable features list. Each programmable feature and its currently selected option will appear on the EVIC display in the sequence shown in the Programmable Features list that follows.
  4. Momentarily depress and release the Step push button to step through the available options for the programmable feature being displayed.
  5. The option that last appears in the display with a programmable feature before exiting the programming mode, becomes the newly selected programmable feature option.
  6. The EVIC exits the programming mode and returns to its normal operating mode when the C/T (compass/thermometer) push button is depressed or when the end of the programmable features menu list is reached, whichever occurs first.

SERVICE INTERVAL - The options include from 1000 to 12000 kilometers in 1000 kilometer increments (2000 to 7500 miles in 500 mile increments). The default is 12000 kilometers (7500 miles). The selected distance becomes the interval at which the Perform Service warning message will be displayed by the EVIC. If a new distance is selected, a second programmable feature appears, RESET SERVICE DISTANCE? - The options include No and Yes. The default is Yes. When Yes is selected, the accumulated distance since the last previous Perform Service warning message will be reset to zero because the service interval has been changed. When No is selected, the distance until the next Perform Service warning message is reduced by the accumulated distance since the last previous message.

Ron Z., - Jeep Tech -
Experience: 18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Jeep Diagnostics/Repair
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 years ago.

EVIC PROGRAMMING MODE