brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

2003 jeep liberty: the speedometer..check engine light..speed sensor

I have a 2003 jeep liberty and the speedometer is not working and the check engine light is on again. I already had the rear end speed sensor replaced a year ago. Now the mechanic says that a clip is missing off the cable that holds it into the rear axel. It looks like they used a quick tie to try and fix it but that only lasted 9 miles. Can I just buy a new Clip or do I need to replace the whole cable and/or sensor again
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. You can get a repair kit from the dealer for this for around $25.00 the part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Jeff - What is in this repair kit and where and what does it do or replace? Also can I install It or do I have to have it done by someone else? Is the problem a frayed electrical wire rubbing against the rear brake cable? And is their such a thing as a Clip that holds in the rear cable? - Thank you,Greg.
The clip I assume your talking about it the connector where it attaches to the sensor. This kit is a new end to the wiring harness that will replace the broken clip on the connector. It will need to be soldered into place.