Chad, Lead Master Tech
Experience:  Electrical master,Diesel Specialist,Lead Tech/shop foreman

Jeep grand cherokee: hvac fuse..fuse keeps blowing..turn signals

hvac fuse keeps blowing and turn signals not working either. 01 Jeep grand cherokee

Chad :

Is it auto temp or manual?

Chad :

do you have heated seats?

You have a short in one of these circuits,..............................
Good news is they are related problems.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Edited by Chad on 2/5/2011 at 12:19 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No heated seats and manual temp control. Does a short in the circuit mean a wiring problem? Can u tell if it's in the steering column or not? About a year ago someone tried to steal my jeep by hot wiring the ignition and busted the steering column and ignition. Could this be wiring that got messed up
Yes, it is a real good chance that it is wiring. But it could just be the Combination Flasher. It is also possible that when it was broken into, wiring could have been damaged.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I also have been having trouble with my rear parking lights. Bulb went out on both sides within months of each other, and the first time the hvac fuse blew, so did the parking light fuse. But so far, the fuse hasn't blown again. Could this be related to the same wiring problem
Rear tail light problems on these are usually either the socket that the bulb fits into or the metal terminals inside the lamp housing that the sockets contact.