brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

2004 jeep liberty: enginr=e starts if i press the gas but dies at idle

2004 jeep liberty: engine will start but will not idle. enginr=e starts if i press the gas but dies at idle. where do i start? ICM? Injector cleaner? it did this a few times recently but always started after a few tries, today it wont stay running at all. the local temp is 7 degrees today if that helps.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. What your describing is carbon building up in the throttle body. This will restrict air flow and cause the idle air control motor to stick. Take and remove the idle air control motor out of the throttle body and clean out the passage way for it and also clean the throttle body around the throttle plate to remove all the carbon. The best thing to use is throttle body cleaner and can get it at any parts store.