kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

2004 jeep wrangler: I need the stereo wiring diagram..harness..factory

I need the stereo wiring diagram for a 2004 jeep wrangler. the harness has been cut out, and I'm planning to wire my new stereo straight into the factory wiring.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  kalamykid replied 3 years ago.

kalamykid :

here is the pin out for the radio plug. It has the position of the factory plug as well as the wire colors.

kalamykid :

Full Size Image

Customer:

thank you.

kalamykid :

you are very welcome

Customer:

b+ is my constant?

kalamykid :

let me look up the wire diagram and make sure which one is constant and which one is switched. 1 and 13 show to be B+

Customer:

that's kinda where i'm getting lost. the speakers all seem to add up, but I've got more wires coming out than I have stereo connections for.

kalamykid :

yes the wires 1 and 12 are cinstant power and 2 is the switched power source.

Customer:

ok... so do I tie 1 and 12 together to my constant on the stereo?

kalamykid :

you only need to use one of them and cap the end off for the other. They both run to the same place, but the factory radio needed two constant power wires.

Customer:

ahhhh. would you mind holding tight for a couple more minutes while I write it all down and make sure I have it straight??

kalamykid :

if you click on the diagram I posted it will open in a new page. Then ytou can print it out

kalamykid :

But i will hold on for you.

Customer:

ahhh... thank you... i'll look it over really quickly then. brb

kalamykid :

ok

Customer:

two quick questions and I'll leave you be...

Customer:

silly, but... cap off the other ground as well, or does it even matter...

Customer:

and..

Customer:

pci bus??

kalamykid :

you should always cap off any dead head wires. The pci bus wire would have gone to the pcm "the computer" as part of the antitheft system so just cap it off too.

Customer:

got it...

Customer:

I really appreciate the help!!

kalamykid :

I use liquid electrical tape to cap off dead head wires.

kalamykid :

you are more then welcome

Customer:

have a nice night!!

kalamykid :

you too.

kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience: I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q