Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, L1, Jeep owner, Shop owner

Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo My ABS yellow light came on in

Customer Question

My ABS yellow light came on in the dash and stayed on. I read the owners manual and it said if the light remains on that the ABS system is not functioning and I only have regular brakes at this time. How do I repair this problem?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.
Hello, whenever that light comes on , yes the ABS is turned off by default in most cases. Now.. It is near impossible for me to say where the problme lies. You have to get to a shop or parts store and have the codes scanned that stored when problem began. The trouble code will identify the problem area. It could be a wheel speed sensor. Ice or snow as you mentioned, could have built up around one of the sensors at the wheels. Just a thought. If you can store vehicle in warm area , this oculd fix. If you do staore in warm area, then you need codes scanned. May parts stores will scan the code for free
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
By storing in a warm garage as you mentioned, will this possibly enable the system again without going to the parts store to be scanned?
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.
If it say one of the wheel speed sensors that has ice builup etc, yes you can start and drive vehicle. If the system does not see a fault, the light will remin out and all is ok. If at anytime the light returns, then you have to have the code scanned. the parts store will then tell you the code number and what it means and what bad part it points to.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where do I purchase a new driver seat for my jeep? Please give me the website address and part #. Thanks