brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

Jeep Cherokee Laredo My son locked his keys in his 96 Jeep

My son locked his keys in his 96 Jeep Laredo. How, what, where do I trick it open?
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. With a slim jim you go in by the window glass at an angle and want to trip the lock at the door latch which is all the way at the back of the door about half way down. This is tough to do but can be done. You could also take the vin# XXXXX the dealership and have them cut you a key.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Jeff. I "do" need a spare key for these situations LOL. Other family emergencies have taken the other cars away. I have no slim jim. What else can I use?
Anything flat and long that will reach the latch will work but needs to be flat and thin to fit between the glass and the door panel. Or if you can pry the door away from the body enough at the top you can try getting a clothes hanger in there and hitting the lock button
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank Jeff. Mission Accomplished with a crow bar and radio antennae. James
That works.....lol

Take Care.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

As it it happens. I found out that this care's locks have been changed. I wasn't involved in the purchase so I lack the details. Some sort of ethnic engineering to be sure. LOL.

Thanks again for you expertise.

No worries........

Have a good one!