brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

no fire at plugs

Customer Question

no fire at plugs
Category: Jeep
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. What year is the Jeep? Any codes in the computer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
2000 180000.mi on it. was at a idle for 5or10 min.then just died got home checked out pick coil still no fire at plugs.ken
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
Have you checked the crank sensor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is that what i am calling the pickup coil? ken
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
It has a cam sensor and crank sensor and no pick up coil.

The Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) on this engine is bolted to the top of the oil pump drive shaft assembly. The sensor and drive shaft assembly is located on the right side of the engine near the oil filter.

The Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor is mounted to the transmission bellhousing at the left/rear side of the engine block. The sensor is adjustable and is attached with one bolt. A wire shield/router is attached to the sensor

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
think i will check that out.ken
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
OK....from the description one of these has failed but would need to see if voltage going to them and out of them to know for sure. Should have voltage out and the voltage should change when cranking. If no voltage out or it doesn't change when cranking the sensor needs replaced.