ND-TECH, CJDR Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Certified CJDR Master

2008 Jeep Liberty: The Malfunction Indicator Light..mileage

I have a 2008 Jeep Liberty. The Malfunction Indicator Light just appeared. My mileage is 45,630. I keep the car well maintained. I'm in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. What should I do about my car? Do I need to find a Jeep dealership?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Keith Sheldon
Yes you will need to find a jeep dealer or an good repair shop to hook up a scan tool and check the codes that are stored in your vehicle. The engine light is on because the PCM (powertrain control module) has detected a failure in some way or another. This light can be set by lots of different things. I cant tell you what it is with out knowing what the code in the PCM is. If you take it to a dealer or good repair facility they will be able to tell you what the code is and what is wrong with the vehicle
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How can I go about finding a Jeep dealership in or near Cabo San Lucas?
Is it still safe to drive my car?

Yes it is safe to drive the vehicle as long as you have not noticed it running different. If it does start to drive different then you need to take it to a dealer as soon as you can. You still need to get into a dealer sometime soon though as the problem may be small right now but could progress to something bigger and more expensive. As for finding one you will just have to search on the internet or ask around as i am not from there and can not tell you where a jeep dealer is located there