brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

1997 jeep grand cherokee laredo: replaced already ecm,cps, coil.

no fire 1997 jeep grand cherokee laredo. Thing replaced already ecm,cps, coil. why no fire
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. Do you have voltage to the coil when cranking the engine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

green and orange wire to ground key on no bat positive

grey with white stripe key on no bat positive

Also no power when cranking the engine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the engine will turn over no fire to the plugs
OK....When cranking the engine is the voltage to the coil. You mentioned with the key on and I want to know if voltage to the wires while cranking the engine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
let me verify you want me to check battery voltage to whicch wire to ground while cranking the engine. the grey and white or the green orange.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am completely confused at this point the engine fired up while probeing the wires at the coil. I do not believe that we had a connection issue because we have connected and diconnected this connector several times. I dont know where to go at this point because i havent done anything to correct the problem but yet the engine is now working. I am a technician by trade working on gm 1.6 engines in large sweepers and floor scrubbers so i know problems that fix them selves have a history of coming back.
There was either a bad connection there or if you continue to have problems of no voltage the asd relay supplies the coil so would try another relay if the problem comes back.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i tried swapping the asd relay before contacting you. I moved the one from the horn postion i looked at the part numbers and they were the same i figured if i swapped them it would verify asd being good.

Then yes the relay would be good. The next thing to do when/if it acts up again would be with the key on see if getting voltage to the asd relay