joe moore
joe moore, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Technical school graduation ase certification in airconditioning
14074217

Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 1995 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED,

1995 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED, WITH 4.0 & 42RE TRANS, GETTING TRANSMISSION FAULT #26, GOVERNOR PRESSURE SENSOR OFFSET DIFT, WITH SNAP ON MODIS IT SHOWS STUCK IN FIRTS GEAR ALWAYS, NO NEUTRAL OR REVERSE OR PARK. VEHICLE MOVES FORWARD AND REVERSE BUT SEEMS STUCK IN LIMP HOME MODE. COULD IT BE THE SPEED SENSOR OR THE GOVONOR PRESSURE SWITCH OR SOMETHING MORE. THANKS BARRY
hi Barry,
yes, your gonna need to replace the pressure sensor for the governor.here is a diagram of location, you should just be able to screw it in . no need to bring the tranny down or anything like thatgraphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The sensor is not threaded, looks like it could be retained with a roll pin, thru a groove but nothing showing from the bottom, do I need to remove the governor body to access? For your information to use latter, there are two diffrent sensors used in the 1995 42re, a three pin & a four pin, the date brake is 12/95, the three pin is used after, just some info I thought you might could use, thanks, Barry.

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX not positive, but according to my colleagues, you should be able to access it without removing the body.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You do have to remove the governor housing to acess the internal sping clip that holds in the pressure sensor, just thought I would let you know, thanks Barry.
will make a not barry thanx