brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee: interior light..sensor by the latch

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the liftgate sensor keeps beeping and turning on the interior light saying the liftgate is open- which it is not. Read online about taking off the liftgate panel in the back and disconnecting the wire for the sensor by the latch but I have disconnected every wire that I can find and the sensor is still telling me it's open. Any suggestions on where to find the wire leading to the sensor or any other advice you may have?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
There are two switches for the liftgate as there is one for the glass also. Did you disconnect it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would you happen to have a diagram or something that would tell me where to find the 3 swithes
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
The switches are part of the latch assemblies. So they are built into the latch.