marcpod
marcpod, Own collision repair advice
Experience:  i-car/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision monthly/18 yrs exp/licensed adjuster
17579256

How to change front turn signal bulb 1995 Jeep grand cherokee

Customer Question

Category: Jeep
Expert:  marcpod replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
marcpod :

Welcome. There is a screw that holds the light in from the top inside the radiator support all you need to do is take the screw out pull the lamp and replace the bulb

Customer :

I took the screw out but the headlight didn't come out

Customer :

so no access to the turn signal

marcpod :

You should not have to take the headlight out at all on this the turn signal should be by itself. unless this is a later model. Let me know if this is all one light?

Customer :

the turn signal has its own bulb

Customer :

and its own container separate from the head light

marcpod :

Yes so there should be a screw or bolt right next to the fender just take that out and pull the lamp straight forward my friend and then twist that bulb out buddy and you should have it let me know

marcpod :

up at the top.

Customer :

I took that screw out too

Customer :

I go and pull harder maybe I have been too gentle

marcpod :

just pull forward on the light it should come right out, One more question for you does that light go all the way under the headlight?

marcpod :

pull firmly one hand on the outside corner and one in the inside like your playing quarter back

Customer :

I pulled hard,seems to be attached closer to the base. there are three parts, the headlight, the bottom turn light and the side light also on top of the turn signal at the same level as the headlight. All seem to be separate and separately attached

marcpod :

If there is a light underneath. if you need to that light should be the same way should have a screw and then pull one side out and it should release

marcpod :

But that light should come right out for you.

Customer :

There has to be some other fixation devices somewhere!

marcpod :

So you have the srew or bolt out at the corner correct?

marcpod :

and the park lamp is a seperate light under the corner lamp and the headlight correct

Customer :

Yes

marcpod :

That lamp should just pull square out

marcpod :

now it does sit in a retainer on the inside corner at the fender

Customer :

I'll try again but doubt anything will happen

marcpod :

I shouldnt say inside i mean the outer corner where it fits the fender

marcpod :

Where are you located?

Customer :

Bellingham Washington. I got the side light loosen but it won't come out .

Customer :

I am afraid I am going to break something and make it worse

Customer :

I am going to take into a mechanic as this is m not coming apart. there has to be another point or points of attachment

marcpod :

No not to a mechanic take it to a body shop they may even do this for free for you

marcpod :

body shops rates are less than half

marcpod :

That should pull right out for you.

Customer :

Ok signing off

marcpod :

let me know if you need anything