brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

92 Jeep cherokee: outside console..checked all fuses.

Customer Question

my outside temperature/compass, top console, 92 Jeep cherokee, has lost its display. I have checked all fuses. Is there a common fix for this. I hope. Richy Harper
Category: Jeep
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Does anything in the display work at all or is it blank with no lights at all.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no display, like no power is there to light up the display. It has a digital readout for outside temp. and compass direction.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
I see you checked the fuses. Have you checked to see if getting voltage to the over head display with the key on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, the overhead lamp lights both work fine
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

If you get power to the display and it doesn't light then you will need to replace the display as it has an internal problem.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that is what I first, and always have thought
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Yeah if getting power it will need replaced.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, then my book says nothing about this, know how I would take the console down. I will pay you after this. Richy
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
I have been trying to find some information to send you but haven't yet. I will keep looking and if I find it will send it to you.