TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER
Experience:  CHRYSLER SERVICE MANAGER 20 +YEARS
6531745

2007 Jeep Liberty will not start or crank nothing happens.

Customer Question

2007 Jeep Liberty will not start or crank nothing happens. Will not jump off.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  TIM replied 6 years ago.
hello, do the headlights work?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes they do and there is noise when you put the keys in ignition you can also lock doors with the remote on the key.
Expert:  TIM replied 6 years ago.
this is an indication that the starter is bad
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We hit the starter and it did not do anything either.

Expert:  TIM replied 6 years ago.
with the key on in crank mode -- check for power at the starter -- if power there --replace starter
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Took starter out straight wired to battery and hit is turning. So starter is good. However it is not getting any fire when hook up correctly.

Expert:  TIM replied 6 years ago.
OK-- QUICK QUESTION -- DO YOU HAVE TWO KEYS -- IF YOU DO -- HAVE YOU TRIED BOTH-- this jeep has a security system on -- that if the key loses its program it will not start -- nothing will happen-- let me know
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes I have two keys I will try the other.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Same thing light and everything comes on but does not try to crank. Both keys will unlock and lock doors.
Expert:  TIM replied 6 years ago.
System or ComponentNo Start,Engine Will Not Crank - Starter Will Not Engage;Customer Concern (No DTCs);Yes - Continuously
RecommendationCheck the D25 circuit from radio to satelite receiver for short to ground. In the case mentioned above the harness was crushed under the left front mount for the passenger seat.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No harness crushed. Not get fire from Netural Safety switch to starter. Is there anyway to have keys checked to see if they have lost there program? If we straight wire starter and crank it just turns over like out of gas. All fuses seem to be ok.

Expert:  TIM replied 6 years ago.

dealer has tester for keys

also - the car has a wireless control module that could be bad -- only way tested is with dealer scan tool

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Are you saying that the wireless control module has to be tested at dealer. I have a computer scan tool. Would it tell with that?

Expert:  TIM replied 6 years ago.
on all of these newer cars there are multiple modules-- try the scan tool you have and see if you can access the wireless control module-- this controls the keys and anti theft
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok will try this. Waiting on my father to get here to see if I hooked up tool correctly because it just blinks no codes given. If I send a message back in about an hour will it still go to you.
Expert:  TIM replied 6 years ago.
yes -- do not close question --i will probably check back around 7- 8
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Can you please tell me where the wireless control module is located at.

Expert:  TIM replied 6 years ago.
it is located behind where the key goes-- it replaces the old ignition switch