jeepmopar76, Jeep/Chrysler Triple Master Tech
Experience:  32yr ASE Master Tech, 9yr Chrysler Master Tech, 19 yr Jeep Dealership service including AMC/Eagle

2006 Jeep Commander: Engine light comes..Gas Cap light comes

Customer Question

2006 Jeep Commander. Engine light comes on and off. Check Gas Cap light comes on and off. Seems logical for some kind of Emission problem but the AIRBAG light comes on and off as well. Yesterday it spit and sputtered until it turned itself off. Restarted and it was like booting a computer - all lights went off and ran smooth again. Airbag light back on today. !??!!?? Any of that make sense to you? thank you!
Category: Jeep
Expert:  jeepmopar76 replied 6 years ago.
The key to this problem is in the trouble codes that will be stored, from these lights coming on. Try getting the codes yourself; without starting, turn the key on, off, on, off, on; see if it reads out trouble codes in the odometer area, then tell me what they are. ( they will be in P- - - - form )
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I wasnt able to see any codes, just normal stuff showed up.

you will need to take it to someone that can read air bag codes; they would then also tell you any other codes.