Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

How do we disable the Security system on a 1994 Jeep Grand

How do we disable the Security system on a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo,XXXXX 8 Cylinder, 5.2 Engine, it doesn't let us start the engine.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer Jeep. To turn off the security system, press the unlock button on the remote, or use the key to unlock the driver's door or passenger door. You may be able to turn it off by unlocking the lift gate with the key also.

Chris

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
WE do not want to just turn it off that don't work we want to diconnect it
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

we want to diconnect it.

Expert:  Chris replied 7 years ago.

Ok, then the only way to completely disconnect/disable the factory security system is to replace the PCM (engine computer) and then remove the Security Alarm Module. (SAM)You cannot simply remove the SAM to disable the security system, because the PCM has been "married" to the SAM, and it will always look to see if the SAM is there and says it is ok to start and run. So you see, you will need a new (fresh) PCM and then before you connect it to the vehicle, disconnect/remove the SAM. Then the new PCM will never see the SAM and will never look for an "ok to run" message from it.

Chris

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hello;

I was just advised by my bank that on January 19, 2010, $54.00 was taken out of my account, then again today two charges of $18.00 , which makes it a total of $90.00.

Now I do not remember athorizing that amount, so now I need so proof in the form of a statement that says that I did.

I was told to come in and file a contestment form, for this is not what I may have agreed to, so I will be waiting for your answer. -Ray Santos - [email protected]

Expert:  Chris replied 7 years ago.

Hello Ray,

I have a data list of my customers who paid, when they paid, and how much. My list shows that you paid $13.00 on 1/20/2010 I get $ 6.50 of that $13.00 You may want to verify that this went to just answer. Here is the copy of what I see on my earnings page.

Chris

Accept Date Received From Question Value Total Earnings Question Notes
1/20/2010 at 2:25 PMCustomer$13 $6.50 How do we disable the Security system on a 1994 Jeep Grand