Richard, Jeep Technician
Experience:  Over 22 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.
18534624

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee with alarm problems. Alarm drains

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee with alarm problems. Alarm drains the battery when it sits for a week or two. How do I disable the alarm completely? The drivers door lock doesn't dshut it off anymore. The only way to shut the alarm off is to put the key in the tail gate lock and turn it clockwise. I want to disable the alarm completely....Help.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

Could you try this? Start vehicle, let run for 2 minutes and then disconnect the VTSS module and leave running for 2 minutes. Turn vehicle off and leave VTSS module unplugged. Then restart vehicle and PCM will not recognize theft.

This should disable the security system.

The security module is located near the glove box and here is how to remove it.

-Remove ash tray.

-Remove 6 center bezel screws and center bezel.

-Remove 2 screws holding dash pad located behind top of center bezel. Pry defroster

bezel from dash pad and disconnect sensor wires (if equipped) and set defroster bezel aside.

-Remove 4 in defroster duct opening holding dash pad. Remove 3 screws above instrument panel cluster holding dash pad.

-Open glove box and remove 2 screws holding dash pad. Remove dash pad prying gently on

each end to unsnap end clips. Remove 8 screws from top and bottom of glove box bezel.

-Remove right side bezel lower retaining screw next to ash tray opening. Remove side window demister boot from glove box bezel and right side bezel from instrument panel.

-Disconnect glove box light and switch connector. Remove VTA module and disconnect connector

I hope this helps, let me know!

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is the VTSS module located and what does it look like?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
I am going to see if I can find a picture for you, I'll be back shortly!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Here is a picture of the security alarm location!

If you go through the glove box opening bottom panel you should be able to access it.

Don't click accept until we have resolved this issue!

graphic

Richard, Jeep Technician
Experience: Over 22 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will give it a try tomorrow morning. I will follow your instructions. I will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks and I hope this works. I won't stiff you on the payment either. I appreciate the time you have already spent on this issue.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

You are very welcome!

I hope it works for you!

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Richard,

Your detailed instructions along with the picture helped me disable and remove the alarm system. I want to thank you very much! I look forward to working with you in the future! No way could I have ever figured it out on my own.