jeepmopar76
jeepmopar76, Jeep/Chrysler Triple Master Tech
Experience:  32yr ASE Master Tech, 9yr Chrysler Master Tech, 19 yr Jeep Dealership service including AMC/Eagle
16831211

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee: turn signals..hazard lights..bulbs..fuses

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The turn signals and hazard lights won't work. Checked bulbs and fuses all ok. I also replaced the multifunction turn signal unit. any help would be appreciated.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  jeepmopar76 replied 4 years ago.

Have you checked the fuses under the drivers side dash? Also there is a combination flasher, in the juntion box, under the dash that controls turn signals and flasher.Here are the wiring diagrams, foir the flasher and the fuses in the juntion box under the dash.81112eb7

81112f17

Experience: 32yr ASE Master Tech, 9yr Chrysler Master Tech, 19 yr Jeep Dealership service including AMC/Eagle

All you have to do is ask, and I will give you more info; I don't know what you need unless you ask. Here is the location of the junction box, under the left side of the instrument panel.

An electrical Junction Block (JB) is concealed beneath the driver side of the instrument panel in the passenger compartment of the vehicle (Junction Block Location). The JB combines the functions previously provided by a separate fuseblock module and relay center. The JB serves to simplify and centralize numerous electrical components, as well as to distribute electrical current to many of the accessory systems in the vehicle. It also eliminates the need for numerous splice connections. The JB houses up to thirty-three blade-type mini fuses, up to two blade-type automatic resetting circuit breakers, the electronic combination flasher, the Daytime Running Lamp (DRL) module (Canada only) and up to twelve International Standards Organization (ISO) relays (three standard-type and nine micro-type). The JB also incorporates an integral connector and mounting for the Body Control Module (BCM). The BCM is secured with four screws directly to the dash panel side of the JB. Refer to Body Control Module in Electronic Control Modules for additional information covering the BCM.