Mike Myers
Mike Myers, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, Associates degree in automotive technology, shop owner
26879743

How much would it cost to change an automatic transmission

How much would it cost to change an automatic transmission to a manual for a 1997 jeep wrangler
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mike Myers replied 7 years ago.
i would charge about 15 hours ($1200) for labor, used tranny for about 500, pedals, clutch, hydraulic system about another 500. so about 2200-2500 for everything. have done this once before on an 87 iroc. takes a lot of time and best way to get parts is to go to junk yard and pull everything you will need. only new part i would use is the clutch set. let me know if you have another questions.
-mike
Please click the accept button, as this is the only way for me to get paid for my work. A bonus is always much appreciated. Please understand that we will still be able to correspond about any questions you may have. I will always do my best to answer your question and solve your problem. Thank you.