Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Certified Technician with 13 years of experience
14297198

i have a 2006 jeep commander. The front power windows stopped

i have a 2006 jeep commander. The front power windows stopped working, the side mirrors won't adjust and the interior lights won't come on. Fuse problem?
Hello, in order to diagnose the problem properly you'd need a scan tool capable of communicating with the interior modules, but from your description there are a couple possibilities.

The first being you have a failed driver door module, it controls the drivers window functions, sends the messages to operate the other windows over the controller area network to operate the other windows and the mirrors. It also sends the message to the instrument cluster than the door is open, which causes the interior lights to come on.

The second option, and just as likely is a failed totally integrated power module, which is part of the under hood fuse panel, and is responsible for turning on the power to the circuit in question.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The back power windows operate just fine from the control panel on the drivers door, just not the driver or passenger front windows.

i did recently have my Jeepdealer replace the drivers side interior door panel, could this have led to the problem?

Wht would your estimated cost for this repair be based on your suggestion?

Thanks!
Does the passenger front window work from the passenger door?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No It does not.
Ok, it sounds like it'll likely be the door module, which is approximately $200, with .6 hours of labor to replace it, so you'll be in the neighborhood of $250 for this. I'd suggest having it professionally diagnosed as these are completely computer controlled systems, so anything is possible, I'm just giving you the most common failures.

It's possible that it was damages when they worked on the door, but it's unlikely as these are usually pretty durable modules.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks very much for your help!