ND-TECH
ND-TECH, CJDR Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Certified CJDR Master
26707557

My car wont start.It wont even try to turn over

my car wont start.It wont even try to turn over
Category: Jeep
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 4 years ago.

ok something to try quick is disconnecting the battery and waiting for apprx. 10 minutes and then re connecting it. After you re connect it try starting it. Let me know what happens from there. The have been alot of problems with the wireless ignition node. The key gives a static discharge into and it locks up and wont allow you to start the car or crank it over at all. CHrysler has addressed this problem and has updated the part to prevent this problem from happening anymore. It does need to be replaced by a dealer though as you have to program your keys to it so the new one reconzie the keys to allow it to start and stay running. Also there is a tsb involving replacing the front control module for this problem. Both have to be replaced by the dealer though. Please let me know if you have anymore questions and i will be happy to anwser them

ND-TECH, CJDR Master Tech
Experience: ASE Certified CJDR Master
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When we tried to charge the battery we took it off. When we tried to start it. It still didn't start. We took the battery in and they said that it was good. Are there any specific fuses or relays that we should try? It was running fine, with no warning lights on. We parked it and now it won't even try to start.
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 4 years ago.
I would check all your fuses in the power distribution center. There are alot of circuits that dont feed main power to a system but feed other types of power and chrysler dosent give that info anywhere i can find yet. Also try swaping you auto shutdown relay in the power distribution center with another one. The replay it self could be bad. Do you have access to a Chrysler scan tool by chance? Also does you keyless entry work?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Keyless entry works. We switched the ASD relay and it still didn't work. All of the lights are staying lit and the red alarm light is blinking. It's also saying check gauges and saying transmission over temp.
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 4 years ago.
Ok well the fact that it is saying trans over temp says there could be another problem as well. I am thinking that you are having a problem with the Front control module. There is a tsb out for the problem that you having but you need a star mobile scan tool to verify this. I would address this issue first before going after the trans over temp. The trans temp sensor is located in the TRS assembly that sits on top of the valve body inside the trans. If this assembly has gone bad your car wont know if its in gear, park, or neutral and there for would start. Again you would need access to a chrysler scan tool to verify this
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is a TSB a recall ? Is there a fuse inside if the module that could of went bad?
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately the TSB is not a recall. You can call a dealership and see if its covered under whatever warranty you may have left on your vehicle. Again unfortunately there is no fuse inside of this module. It has to be replaced as a unit. This module can also cause other problems with shifting as well. So you could be preventing further problems by replacing it now. Also it may be covered by your powertrain warranty. Again you would have to call a dealership to find that out
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My husband wanted to know if you think it could be the starter or spark plugs? If so, how would we know?
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 4 years ago.
the spark plugs cant cause an engine not to turn over. they can cause it not to start but they cant cause a no crank. The start you can tell by if it clicks and the lights dim way down in the car when you try to start it. if that happens then yes it could be the starter. But my guess is that its not. it never hurts to try though and check though. the starters are burried on these cars and if you can some how manage to get a long rod on the side of it and tap the rod with a hammer while trying to crank it is another way of testing it as well. Be carefull not to damage the starter while doing this though
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is the relay located. The fact that it just went out with no warning is causing us to believe that something might have came loose. Or a fuse blew.
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 4 years ago.
What relay are you looking for? When starters die they just die for some reason. you usually don't get any type of warning signs. Same with the TRS assembly inside the trans. Its unfortunate but that is how it goes
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I meant the front control module. Sorry. My husband had just wiped down the motor just previously that day. Wondering if he did something then. We drove it a while after that but as of that evening it didn't start tha
the next morning.
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 4 years ago.
The front control module is attached the power distributin center (also known as the TIPM). Its sealed unit and if managed to get water in it you would have alot of other problems going on as well. So i highly doubt that is the case here. It bolts to the PDC and is located on the drivers side close to the battery. It will be right behind the battery infact. The FCM will be on the most forward side (towards the front bumper) of the PDC. But there is no way to test it with out a chrysler scan tool
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 4 years ago.
Do you have any other questions i can help answering for you? Those two problems are the two most possible causes from what you are explaining to me. Please let me know if there is anything else i can help you with. Otherwise i would greatly appriciate an accept for the answer. If its not enough let me know and we can try to further diagnois the problem