sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I have 3003 jeep liberty with no heat

i have 3003 jeep liberty with no heat
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What is it doing? Does the blower motor blow air but it's not hot? Or do you get no noise or airflow when you turn it on?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
blowing cold air
Ok. The first thing you'll want to do is check the coolant level. The coolant may be low and there is air in the heater core, no coolant to give you heat. You could have a water pump or a radiator tank leaking slowly and have not seen any puddles under the Jeep. Radiators on the older Libertys seem to be starting to leak in recent months. Under the hood on the firewall you will find the coolant bottle, the coolant level should be between the full and add marks. If for some reason you can't see through the bottle, with the engine cool remove the cap and take a look in. If it's low top it off with HOAT coolant and run the engine until it's hot before replacing the radiator cap, this will bleed the air out of the cooling system and you should have heat again. Then you'll want to check for leaks, you may need to have the system pressure tested if you are low on coolant and can't see the leak by looking around the engine compartment.

Edited by sprinkles08 on 11/23/2009 at 5:26 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no leaks on collant level

Did you check the bottle to make sure it's full even though you may not have seen any leaks? It's very important that you check the bottle, it's very common for the coolant level to be low when you don't see a leak on the ground.

If the coolant is full the next thing you'll want to do is run the engine until it's full hot and feel the heater hoses at the firewall to see if they are hot. If there is a large difference in temperature between the hoses it's because the heater core is plugged and would need to be replaced or flushed.

If the hoses are hot at the firewall and you have no heat at all the next thing to do would be to check the operation of the blend door actuator. This is the door on the heater box that changes the temperature. The actuator or control head may have failed or the door itself could be broken.

If you need more help please hit the reply button rather than opening another question. I've closed the duplicate that was opened.

Edited by sprinkles08 on 11/23/2009 at 5:37 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
blowing cold air, fluids full

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sprinles 08 thanks for your help. can you tell me how to locate the blend door is located , or acsees from engine compartment or under dash thanks moe bag

The blend door is inside the heater box, and the actuator is mounted to the outside of the box and drives the door. The blend door actuator is located direcly on top of the heater box next to the heater core, and requires instrument panel removal to get to the actuator.

Before digging into it make sure fuse 25 in the fuse box in the dash is good. if it is you could remove the a/c control head from the dash, find the dark green/yellow wire in the control head connector, start the engine and momentariily ground this wire a few times. This would drive the actuator and the temperature should change. If it does you know the problem is in the control head, but if it doesn't change and you do have good hot heater hoses the next step would be to remove the instrument panel and inspect the actuator and door where the actuator engages it.

sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist