moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech Chrysler Dodge Jeep Master Tech
13195827

how do I change the struts on my 2005 jeep liberty

Customer Question

Category: Jeep
Expert:  moparfl replied 4 years ago.
you dont have struts on this model it has shocks.Do you want the info on how to replace them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, I want info on how tochange the front shocks along with a list oftools required.
Expert:  moparfl replied 4 years ago.

LEFT SIDE

1. Disconnect the battery.
  2. Remove the battery (Refer to 8 - ELECTRICAL/BATTERY SYSTEM/BATTERY - REMOVAL).
  3. Unclip the power center and move it to the side out of the way.
  4. Remove the battery tray (Refer to 8 - ELECTRICAL/BATTERY SYSTEM/TRAY - REMOVAL).
  5. Disconnect the battery temperature sensor from the battery tray.
  6. Remove the four upper shock mounting nuts.
  7. Raise and support the vehicle.
  8. Remove the left tire and wheel assembly.
  9. Remove the lower bolt (3) at the lower control arm securing the clevis bracket (2).
  10. Remove the stabilizer link (Refer to 2 - SUSPENSION/FRONT/STABILIZER LINK - REMOVAL).
  11. Remove the lower ball joint nut.
  12. Separate the lower ball joint from the lower control arm using remover C-4150A.
  13. Rotate the lower control arm downward to allow access.
  14. Remove the clevis bracket (2) at the shock.
  15. Remove the shock assembly (3) from the vehicle. (SHOCK ASSEMBLY)
  16. Remove the spring (1) from the shock (3) (if needed).
Expert:  moparfl replied 4 years ago.

RIGHT SIDE

1. Remove the air box (Refer to 9 - ENGINE/AIR INTAKE SYSTEM/AIR CLEANER ELEMENT - REMOVAL).
  2. Remove the two cruise control servo mounting nuts.
  3. Remove the upper shock mounting nuts.
  4. Raise and support the vehicle.
  5. Remove the right side tire assembly.
  6. Remove the lower bolt at the lower control arm (5) securing the clevis bracket (4).
  7. Remove the stabilizer link (Refer to 2 - SUSPENSION/FRONT/STABILIZER LINK - REMOVAL).
  8. Remove the lower ball joint nut.
  9. Separate the lower ball joint from the lower control arm using remover C-4150A.
  10. Rotate the lower control arm downward to allow access.
  11. Remove the clevis bracket (4) at the shock (2). (SHOCK & CLEVIS ASSEMBLY)
  12. Remove the shock assembly (2) from the vehicle. (SHOCK & CLEVIS ASSEMBLY)
  13. Remove the spring from the shock (if needed). (Refer to 2 - SUSPENSION/FRONT/SPRING - REMOVAL).
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can I get access to the short cuts provided? I am unable to see any of the information within them as I am required to enter a password XXXXX user I.D. for the Chrysler Dealer Connect.
Expert:  moparfl replied 4 years ago.
No I will have to give you the link you want to see but most of them are very general info.
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech Chrysler Dodge Jeep Master Tech