Mark
Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician
Experience:  Jeep factory training........25 years in the industry.
12104952

My 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee radiator fan is not working AGAIN.

Customer Question

My 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee radiator fan is not working AGAIN. I already replaced the fan and the fan relay. Everything worked fine after that. So both of those are new parts. Now it has stopped running again. Could it be the wiring, or wiring brackets? I did notice on the inside of the bracket that plugs into the fan, that there is a little melted plastic inside where the connecters touch. Like maybe it got to hot for some reason. Could a new fan go bad that quickly? I did the auto work on the relay and fan. Is there anything I can do more to fix this. Please help.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mark replied 7 years ago.

If the wiring connector for the fan is melted, as you state, this might just be your problem. You may not be getting a good connection.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So how do I fix that problem. Do I just need to replace the connecter bracket? Or is it a bigger fix then that?
Expert:  Mark replied 7 years ago.
Well, you are in luck because they do make a replacment connector kit. The part # XXXXX 05017117AA and it runs about $30.