Kevin, Owner Kevins Mobile repair Atlanta
Experience:  14 years dealer trained, Master Electrical,AC,Body Mechanical, Drive ablity.

Jeep grand cherokee: a AZC test on it the code comes up 52 @ 56what

Hi there I have no heat in my jeep grand cherokee 2000 limited I did a AZC test on it the code comes up 52 @ 56
what does that mean
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to just answers my name is Kevin.

56 = Right temperature door travel too large

vary common thing with jeeps that have auto temp control U have broken blend air doors and the recurlation door as well

The dash and hvac housing will need to be removed inorder to fix this issue.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I got info from someone else that this all can be done from cutting a hole in the glove box is that true
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 years ago.
no its not there are 2 doors seperate I can maybe get one to stay but the other one U wont be able to get to it. There are hacks out there to which U can replace just the road and such U will loose the dual ablity of controling the doors.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 years ago.
U have 2 doors one for the driver side one for the pass side both of them are broken and they are sitting in the cold position. The person u talked to they would fix only one door U can even see or get to the other door unless u remove the dash and hvac housing. I have seen hack fixes that is the cheap way of getting this done but U will loose the ability of having duel air one control will work both sides.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
but will I have heat I've been living with only heat on the drivers side for a few years ok with me. The door through the glove box if that one get replaced will I have heat
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 years ago.
the doors are one unit they cant be replaced one and at a time. Plus they cant be fixed correctly unless u remove the dash any way. U can take a look online I have seen it a few places where u can fix it yeah U would get heat and cold back.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 years ago.
yeah seen it never tired it it would be the cheap and way that U could do it yourself