brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

Jeep Cherokee 1989 Fuse Panel Diagram & Relay Box Diagram needed.

Jeep Cherokee 1989 Fuse Panel Diagram & Relay Box Diagram needed. Tail lights, instrument panel not working.

Is this what you need?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's very helpful, however, I remain perplexed because this diagram indicates 15 Park as the items fused including the rear lamps and instrument ALSO includes clock, radio, front lamps, etc which are still functioning, so it doesn't seem that a fuse is the problem. I can't check it now, because my daughter drove it to school. Is there a reostat (sp?) in the controls/switch somewhere? (suggestion from friend yesterday, didn't know what he meant)
The reostat would be the dimmer switch. Would need to see if getting power to the switch and out of the switch.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Would that affect the tail lamps and instrument lights?
Yes it could.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Interesting, but is it that the other items would still work? Not connected to the reostat but just happen to be on the same fuse. So it's not related to the fuse? So the reostat needs to be checked for power getting to it, how does one do that? I have the manual in the Jeep, maybe it tells in there. If no power is getting to it, its the problem, not the actual reostat or the power supply to it?
You need either a volt meter or test light to check it with. If no power to it either the fuse or wiring to the switch is bad. If power to it and none out then the switch is bad.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Okay, I'll try that tonight. Thank you very much for your help!

If you still need help after checking just reply.