b5demon, Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chryler/Jeep master technician for 17 years

2007 jeep compass: it to change the camshaft position sensors..2.4L

Customer Question

how difficult/expensive is it to change the camshaft position sensors on a 2007 jeep compass 2.4L?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  b5demon replied 7 years ago.
which cam sensor is it or what code did it give you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i dont have the sheet with me at the moment, i had 4 error codes when i hooked up the diagnostic machine at a local parts store and it was something to the affect of camshaft position sensor A and B i think...

Expert:  b5demon replied 7 years ago.
ok if you could get the code numbers that would help alot that engine actaully has two cam sensors one for the intake cam and one for the exhaust cam they are simple to change they are held in with a single bolt all you need to do is remove the bolt and then remove the cam sensor the sensors are located in the cylinder head let me know if you need more info
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

could this lead to engine overheating if there is an issue with the camshaft position sensors? that is the only codes that are coming up, and i'm having an over heating issue as well.. took it in to dealership yesterday and they said the issue was the radiator cap, replaced that, and still getting the engine light on, i was just assuming it was still those sensors

--i cant find the codes right now, i will have to go back and get them again...

Expert:  b5demon replied 7 years ago.
ok the sensor would cause the check engine light but shouldn't cause it to overheat if you get the codes let me know that will help alot more
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok, got the codes:

intake a cam position sensor slow respose B1

exhaust B cam position sensor slow response B1

then the same two codes repeated and it said PENDING by the 3rd and 4th

Expert:  b5demon replied 7 years ago.
ok that actually sounds like you may have a wiring or pcm issue it is very rare for both sensors to fail at the same time