sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

What type fluid do I use for 1995 Jeep Wrangler clutch reservoir

What type fluid do I use for 1995 Jeep Wrangler clutch reservoir? Is it regular brake fluid or something special?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Your clutch uses regular brake fluid. You won't need any sort of special fluid.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Must the transmission be removed to repair a leak on the clutch solinoid?
A slave cylinder? If you have an external slave cylinder mounted to the left side of the trans then no. This can be replaced with the trans in. There will be two nuts holding it on some studs on the side of the trans. If you have an internal slave cylinder that is behind the throwout bearing, then yes the trans does have to come out to replace it. This isn't what the service infomation shows though, it shows an external slave cylinder, the labor time to replace the hydraulic assembly is 1.3 hours.