ricardo hohl
ricardo hohl, Instructor
Experience:  ase master certified ,and factory certified,also autmotive instructor for 28 years
14457476

Jeep Wrangler: keeps blowing..drivers side..the passenger side was

My Jeep Wrangler keeps blowing hot air when the air conditioner is turned on. This is the 6th time in 2 years that we have had this problem. Last time, the driver's side was hot and the passenger side was cold.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  ricardo hohl replied 7 years ago.
do you have the dual zone were you can set the temperature hot or cold for passanger or driver side?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No dual zone; that what was so puzzling.

ok can you turn the vehicle on and turn the a/d control to cold and fan to medium and see ih the compresor is on?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The compressoe seems to be working. There are occassional brief gusts of "cool" air, but overall, the air is just hot.
ok can you put the control head temperature to hot then to cold and see if it switches and then put the vent flow and change to defrost, does it switch?,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Putting the control to hot make the air REALLY HOT; switching to defrost, the air goes to the defrost vents and is either hot or HOT depending if I have the a/c at cold or hot.
ok this is the test for the control head and it seems to be ok, one more thing can you put the ac to max and fan to on go to engine compartment and just tough the a/c lines coming out of the compressor and see if one is very hot and the other is very cold?, and also can yoiu tael me if the compresor stays on for at least one minutes before it goes out.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
One side is hot, hot, hot, and the other is warm to the touch. It seems to run about a minute before it goes out.
ok if one side is hot and the other side is just worm when it should be cold that means you have a receiver dryer clogged and u will need one before you go on vacations one thing you can do is have them evacuate and vacuum the system for at least 30 minutes and recharge again and try it you may uncloged the receiver dryer and save the money.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sounds good to me. Thanks!
no problem.thanks to you.