CDJMasterTech
CDJMasterTech, Jeep MasterTech
Experience:  Factory trained and certified Jeep Master Technician, ASE Master Technician
18188794

2003 Jeep liberty: A/C High pressure sensor with a test light..harness

2003 Jeep Liberty 3.7L I was checking the A/C High pressure sensor with a test light and when I touched one of the wires in the harness with the probe it shut the engine down. Now the car will not start and the temp gage and gas gage do not work? What did i do? How do I fix?
All three wires in the ac pressure transducer go directly to the PCM (powertrain control module), this is the main computer, and should never be tested with a test light! You can overload the circuits. They are not designed to handle the kind of current that can be supplied through the test light bulb. If you are sure that you have not damaged the transducer connector such that the terminals are touching one another and causing a short, the only other cause of your problem would be an internally damaged PCM, which is a definite possibility if you were probing the ac transducer circuits with a test light.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
would this also cause the etemp gage and fuel gage to stop working as well?
Yes, they depend on the PCM for operation. If I have answered your question please hit accept or I do not get compensated for my answer.