Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Certified Technician with 13 years of experience

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee security light in dash is on. Car

Customer Question

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee security light in dash is on. Car will start but shut off immediately. How do you disarm the security system? Nothing happens when i push the buttons on my remote
Category: Jeep
Expert:  joe moore replied 7 years ago.

remove the alarm relay located in the glovebox. the relay that is pointed to may not be the correct one, go by the diagram on the fuse box

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that does not change any thing but are ar all the other relays for A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H ,J , and K will changing any of those work
Expert:  joe moore replied 7 years ago.
one of them will disable the alarm, but I do not have the indication of what relay goes to what component, what I was sayin is, there should be a diagram inside the glove box indicating which relay belongs to which componant
Expert:  Josh replied 7 years ago.

The only way to disable the alarm if your fobs do not work is to actuate one of the door lock cylinders, as long as they're not damaged or broken, first try to unlock both front doors and the hatch with the key, hopefully one of them will be functional. If not you're going to have to remove the interior door panel and find the security wire running to the lock cylinder and jump the two wires together. Doing this should disable the alarm. I've included a diagram of the lock cylinder sense system on your vehicle.

In case you do need to remove a door panel to access the security wires here's the procedure for that.

• Remove screw from demister opening at front of door.
  • Remove screw and door handle cover.
  • Remove screw from under armrest.
  • Remove screw from bottom of hand hold in armrest
  • Remove the trim panel with a wide flat blade tool. To aid in removal of the trim panel, start at the bottom of the panel.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.