sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

where is the fan relay on a 2002 jeep liberty, how do you replace

where is the fan relay on a 2002 jeep liberty, how do you replace it, and is there a part no.?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What fan are you having problems with? The engine cooling fan or the blower motor?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I believe it is the engine cooling fan - I've had problems in the past. A/C is OK, but if I get stuck in traffic, idle, etc, the temp guage goes up pretty fast.
Ok great. The cooing fan relay is mounted to the left frame rail, down below the power distribution center area. It's not the normal relay you would expect, it's a pulse width modulated type capable of infinite speed control. It's flat, has a thin aluminum back plate and the rest is black. It screws to the side of the frame rail with a couple 8mm screws. It's not hard to replace. Be sure to check fuses before replacing the relay. A blown fuse can cause the fan not to work. I would recommend powering up the fan also to make sure that it does work. You may have a bad fan motor, or a bad fan motor can also burn up the fan relay.