Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

How do I replace a fuel filter on my Jeep grand cherokee laredo

How do I replace a fuel filter on my Jeep grand cherokee laredo 1999 ?.

Here is Jeep procedures

click below

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

On the filter end with two fittings the nipple with a flange can't understand the fitting that goes back on to it. There is two peices that go into the female end of hose on to nipple can't get that back together. The problem I was having initally was car started hard twice then left my wife in the middle of the road it just stalled. Had it towed home. Car will start and run for about 20 minuets each time it is started then it will stall again. If I releive pressure at schrader valve it will start and run again for another 10 or 20 minuets before stalling. Thanks

I would go ahead with the Fuel Filter first, but if the problem still exists, you need to check Fuel Pressure at that time to be sure it is not the Pump or Computer causing the problem.
Also, verify spark.

There are 3 different type connectors for your Jeep.
See if the below helps